1. Wik HS, Jacobsen AF, Sandvik L, Sandset PM. Prevalence and predictors for post-thrombotic syndrome 3 to 16 years after pregnancy-related venous thrombosis: a population-based, cross-sectional, case-control study. J Thromb Haemost 2012;10:840-7.
2. Kane EV, Calderwood C, Dobbie R, Morris CA, Roman E. Greer IA. A population-based study of venous thrombosis in pregnancy in Scotland 1980-2005, Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2013;169:223-9.
3. Heit JA, Kobbervig CE, James AH, Petterson TM, Bailey KR, Melton LJ III. Trends in the incidence of venous thromboembolism during pregnancy or postpartum: a 30-year population-based study. Ann Intern Med 2005; 143:697-706.
4. Gherman RB, Goodwin TM, Leung B, Byrne JD, Hethumumi R, Montoro M. Incidence, clinical characteristics, and timing of objectively diagnosed venous thromboembolism during pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol 1999; 94:730-4.
5. James AH, Tapson VF, Goldhaber SZ. Thrombosis during pregnancy and the postpartum period. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2005; 193:216-9.
6. Ian A Greer. Pregnancy Complicated by Venous Thrombosis. N Engl J Med 2015; 373:540-7.
7. Kamel H, Navi BB, Sriram N, Hovsepian DA, Devereux RB, Elkind MS. Risk of a thrombotic event after the 6-week postpartum period. N Engl J Med 2014; 370:1307-15.
8. Robertson L, Wu O, Langhorne P, Twaddle S, Clark P, Lowe GD, et al. Thrombophilia in pregnancy: a systematic review. Br J Haematol 2006; 132:171-96.
9. James AH, Jamison MG, Brancazio LR, Myers ER. Venous thromboembolism during pregnancy and the postpartum period: incidence, risk factors, and mortality. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2006; 194:1311-5.
10. Jacobsen AF, Skjeldestad FE, Sandset PM. Ante- and postnatal risk factors of venous thrombosis: a hospital-based case-control study. J Thromb Haemost 2008; 6:905-12.
11. Le Moigne E, Genty C, Meunier J, Arnoult AC, Righini M, Bressollette L, et al; OPTIMEV Investigators. Validation of the LEFt score, a newly proposed diagnostic tool for deep vein thrombosis in pregnant women. Thromb Res. 2014 Sep; 134(3):664-7.
12. Bates SM, Jaeschke R, Stevens SM, et al. Diagnosis of DVT: Antithrombotic Therapy and Prevention of Thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines. Chest 2012; 141:2 Suppl: 351-418.
13. Le Gal G, Kercret G, Ben Yahmed K, Bressollette L, Robert-Ebadi H, Riberdy L, et al. Diagnostic value of single complete compression ultrasonography in pregnant and postpartum women with suspected deep vein thrombosis: prospective study. BMJ 2012; 344:2635.
14. Chan WS, Spencer FA, Lee AY, Chunilal S, Douketis JD, Rodger M, et al. Safety of withholding anticoagulation in pregnant women with suspected deep vein thrombosis following negative serial compression ultrasound and iliac vein imaging. CMAJ 2013; 185:194-200.
15. Nijkeuter M, Ginsberg JS, Huisman MV. Diagnosis of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism in pregnancy: a systematic review. J Thromb Haemost. 2006 Mar. 4(3):496-500.
16. Spritzer CE, Norconk JJ Jr, Sostman HD, Coleman RE. Detection of deep venous thrombosis by magnetic resonance imaging. Chest. 1993 Jul. 104(1):54-60.
17. Khalafallah AA, Morse M, Al-Barzan AM, Adams M, Dennis A, Bates G, et al. D-Dimer levels at different stages of pregnancy in Australian women: a single centre study using two different immunoturbidimetric assays. Thromb Res 2012; 130:171-7.
18. Chan WS, Spencer FA, MD, Ginsbergm JS. Anatomic distribution of deep vein thrombosis in pregnancy. CMAJ. 2010 Apr 20; 182(7): 657–60.
19. Kahn SR, Shapiro S, Ducruet T, Wells PS, Rodger MA, Kovacs MJ, et al. Compression stockings to prevent post-thrombotic syndrome: a randomised placebo-controlled trial. Lancet 2014; 383:880-8.
20. Bates SM, Greer IA, Middeldorp S, Veenstra DL, Prabulos AM, Vandvik PO. VTE, thrombophilia, antithrombotic therapy, and pregnancy: Antithrombotic Therapy and Prevention of Thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines. Chest 2012; 141:2.
21. Greer IA, Nelson-Piercy C. Low-molecular-weight heparins for thromboprophylaxis and treatment of venous thromboembolism in pregnancy: a systematic review of safety and efficacy. Blood 2005; 106:401-7.
22. Romualdi E, Dentali F, Rancan E, Squizzato A, Steidl L, Middeldorp S, et al. Anticoagulant therapy for venous thromboembolism during pregnancy: a systematic review and a meta-analysis of the literature. J Thromb Haemost 2013; 11:270-81.
23. Nelson-Piercy C, Powrie R, Borg JY, Rodger M, Talbot DJ, Stinson J, et al. Tinzaparin use in pregnancy: an international, retrospective study of the safety and efficacy profile. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2011; 159:293-9.
24. Paralkar VR, Rubin RN. Anticoagulation: An Update for Primary Care. Consultant 2011. 51:10.
25. Schaefer C, Hannemann D, Meister R, Eléfant E, Paulus W, Vial T. Vitamin K antagonists and pregnancy outcome. A multi-centre prospective study. Thromb Haemost. 2006 Jun. 95(6):949-57.
26. Tang AW, Greer IA. A systematic review on the use of new anticoagulants in pregnancy.Obstet Med 2013; 6:64-71.
27. Te Raa GD, Ribbert LSM, Snijder RJ, Biesma DH. Treatment options in massive pulmonary embolism during pregnancy; a case-report and review of literature. Thromb Res 2009; 124:1-5.